April 22, 2013

Treasuring People.... and Menu Plan Monday

After a gentle nudge from a friend, I am going to try to be a more present blogger.  Life has a way of overwhelming me from time to time.  However, I need to learn to use this virtual support system of the blogging world to get through the road blocks of life.  If you are still here reading, thank you for waiting on me.

This weekend, we took a road trip to Kansas City to celebrate my nephews' birthdays.  The drive gives my darling husband and I some time to chat; that is, in between the times we are clamboring over the back seat to retrieve dropped toys, feed snacks, calm tantrums and play referee for our three daughters!

Of course our conversation led to the recent events in Boston and Texas, along with the gun control laws and other government issues.    I have a very hard time discussing these issues without getting emotional.  Any time a total disregard for human life is displayed by another human, it is almost impossible for me to wrap my head around.  I almost always come to the same conclusion, that we need to be focusing on what our purpose in life is really meant to be about.   If we are living out Christ's mission and encouraging our children to do the same, then we should be focusing on our relationships with others.  We should be TREASURING each other! 

Each time I come to this conclusion it is a wake-up call to me as a parent.  I need to stop worrying about if my daughter is the best soccer player, going to become a competitive gymnast, read at an early age or use vocabulary you wouldn't expect from a toddler.  Instead I should be encouraging her to make new friends, be kind to her sisters, and start a relationship with God.  That is what life is really about; making relationships with each other and with God. 



I want to stop there and recognize an organization that I am proud to take part in.  The Girl Scout program is such a great way for girls to get involved and make relationships with other girls and people within the community.Today is Girl Scout Leader's Day, so I want to take the time to say "thank you" to all my friends that have stepped up as volunteers within this great organization.




And, since it is Monday - I better get my Menu Plan in as well!

Monday - Veggie Lasagna
Tuesday - Cauliflower, Bacon, & Cheese Soup
Wednesday - leftover soup/lasagna
Thursday - CPK's BBQ Chicken Pizza
Friday - Veggie Fajitas
Saturday - Pumpkin Pancakes and Scrambled Eggs
Sunday - Teriyaki Chicken Thighs

Here's to a great week of building relationships and treasuring them too!

4 comments:

  1. I love your perspective - yes, we should be treasuring each other! That's what God wants.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great perspective! Your menu plan also looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in and reading Jean!

      Delete