February 7, 2013

January Reads

The Casual Vacancy
I was excited to read J.K. Rowling's newest novel.   I wish I could give this five stars.  However, the book started off slow and the number of characters introduced in the first few chapters was overwhelming.  More than that, I just am not in a place where I want to read about teenage angst and the effects it has on society.  Not a favorite read of mine by far.






City of Bones
I am not sure how I keep getting pulled into these "series" type books.   As most of these type of stories go, it was a fast and exciting read and left me wanting to know what the future held for the characters.  








Once Upon Stilettos
The second book in a light read about a woman who is immune to magic.  This was fun, and again left me wanting to read the next book in the series.

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince
I am perhaps the last person on earth to read the H.P. books!  I am loving them and enjoying watching the movies after each read as well.  Book #6 was as exciting as the ones before hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment