February 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Afraid

Last night Big K woke with a nightmare.  A movie we had watched earlier that day was disturbing her sleep.  After reassurances from both of us, she was still upset.  In the middle of the night, it is often hard to have much empathy, especially when it seems your daughter's flair for the dramatic is contributing more to the situation than the actual dream.  After we declined her request to sleep with us, and another to sleep with her light on, she said,

"Can I at least have your love?"

Like the cold air wind blowing outside, her words stung. 

"Baby girl, you will always have my love."

Was she really fearful that my love was not enough to keep her safe from whatever it was haunting her dreams? 

How often to I doubt God's love?  Does my doubt hurt him as much as my daughter's hurt me?  How many times does he have to remind me,

"LeAnn, you will always have my love."

After more hugs and words of reassurance, Big K finally settled back into a deep sleep.  This morning during some quiet time, I was also reassured by the word of God.   I trust God and my faith gives me hope.   God is confident I can face today, forgives me for my mistakes from yesterday, and will love me for all my tomorrows. 

Five Minute Friday
 
 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful words of the comfort our Heavenly Father provides us.
    and a great reminder that our minds will focus on what we read, watch, see, hear.

    ReplyDelete